Do you have a party to go to tonight and you need to bring an appetizer? Are you strapped for time and need something quick? No Problem!
This appetizer will have you party ready in under 20 minutes, and no cooking needed!! If you can chop some sage, crush some pistachios, and mould some cheese into a log shape, you’re good to go for the night.
Wrapping the goat’s cheese in delicious hemp hearts create a delightfully nutty and creamy flavour. Hemp hearts are the most nutritious part of the hemp seed with a high source of fiber and omega-3.
The pistachios give an amazing crunch and flavour, and are a rich source of protein. To crush the pistachios, simply put them in a freezer bag and get your frustrations out by hitting the pistachios with a mallet, or simply use a food processor.Print
Pistachio and Hemp Heart Crusted, Sage Goats Cheese w/ Cranberry and Chia Seed Jelly
Cranberries and sage go great together at this time of year, and will have party-goers in awe of your clever flavour combinations. The cheese is salty and savoury, the jelly is sweet, the hemp hearts and pistachios are nutty, and the sage adds a wonderful fresh flavour to it all.
You will have the best appy around the whole table, and get used to making it, people will be asking for it for every party now!
• 300g Goat Cheese
• 10-12 Sage Leaves
• ¼ Cup Peace Naturals Hemp Hearts
• ¼ Cup Unsalted Pistachios
• Jar of Cranberry Jelly
• 1 Tbsp Peace Naturals Chia Seeds
• 3 Tbsp Water
• Salt and Pepper
1. Open goat’s cheese and place in mixing bowl.
2. Chop sage, add to cheese, add a pinch of salt and pepper, mix well.
3. Form cheese into a log shape, set aside.
4. Crush pistachios and mix with hemp hearts,
5. Put nut mixture on a flat surface.
6. Roll cheese on top of mixture until the whole log is covered in nut mixture.
1. Soak 1 Tbsp chia seeds in 3 Tbsp water or cannabis oil
2. Add chia seed mixture to your favourite cranberry jelly and mix well.
3. Serve, eat well, be happy!