By Joanne Turenne
This hearty salad is a great addition to a summer barbeque, picnic, or potluck. The heartiness of the beans make it’s a delicious side dish, or as a main feature in a meal. This quick and tasty salad is sure to have guests wanting more.
2 cups cut green beans
2 cups dark red kidney beans (or one 15 oz can)
2 cups (or one 15 oz can) garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook green beans until tender.
- Drain canned beans and rinse.
- Toss beans with onion and pepper
- Combine the oil with the remaining ingredients and pour over the beans.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Recipe note: Flavour improves with marinating overnight or longer.