Significant changes across the Canadian Armed Forces senior leadership were announced last month by Gen. Wayne Eyre.
The announcement consisted of several Captain(Navy) and Colonel promotions, appointments, and retirements.
“It is my privilege to announce the following Captain(Navy)/Colonel promotions, appointments and retirements that have occurred in 2021,” said Gen. Wayne Eyre, Chief of the Defence Staff.
The Chief of the Defence Staff continued to congratulate them.
“I wish to offer my deepest appreciation for the service and sacrifices of those officers and their families as they transition from the CAF and I offer my heartfelt congratulations and sincerest best wishes to those assuming new appointments and responsibilities,” said Eyre.
According to the announcement:
- Col. W.M. Church was promoted to substantive Colonel and will remain Chief Situation Centre in Brussels, Belgium.
- Col. C.R.F. Cotton will proceed to the Advanced Training List to attend the developmental period four programme at the Australian Defence Security Studies Course in Canberra, Australia.
- Colonel acting while-so-employed R.H. Delisle was promoted to substantive Colonel and will remain Director Military Family Services in Kingston, ON.
- Captain (Navy) A.C. Hingston was appointed Director Senior Appointments in Ottawa, ON.
- Captain(Navy) R.J. McLay was appointed Head Experimentation, NATO Allied Command Transformation in Norfolk, USA.
- Colonel acting while-so-employed A.M.J. Perry was promoted substantive Colonel and will remain Director Financial Operations in Ottawa, ON.
- Colonel acting while-so-employed P. Sauve was promoted to substantive Colonel and will remain Canadian Defence Attache (Turkey) in Ankara.
- Col. H.L. Wright was appointed Deputy Chief of Staff Force Health Protection, CF Health Services HQ, in Ottawa, ON.
- LCol. J.A. Bowser was promoted Colonel and appointed Director Air Plans in Ottawa. Replacing Col. J.W.Cunningham.
- LCol. M.S. Herron was promoted Colonel and appointed Deputy Chief of Staff Operations, Military Personnel Command, in Ottawa, replacing Col. P.N. Kelly.
- LCol. C.W. Hunt was promoted Colonel and appointed 3rd Canadian Division Assistant Chief of Staff Administration in Edmonton.
- LCol. R.D. Kerr was promoted Colonel and appointed Director of Military Prosecutions in Ottawa. Replacing Col. B.W. MacGregor.
- LCol. P.W. Maskell was promoted to Colonel and appointed Temp Space Coord Advisor, RCAF, in Ottawa.
- LCol. D.J. Pomerleau was promoted Colonel and appointed Assistant Chief of Staff Operations, Canadian Forces Intelligence Command, in Ottawa, ON.
- LCol. J.F. Simard was promoted Colonel and will remain on the Advanced Training List to attend the Developmental Period Four Programme at the Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy in Washington, DC, U.S.
- LCol. M.M. Talbot was promoted Colonel and appointed Med Spec, 1 Cdn. FD Hospital in Petawawa.
- Commander I.V. Beck was promoted Captain(Navy) acting while-so-employed and appointed Canadian Army Medical Advisor in Ottawa, replacing Col. D.A. Coker.
- LCol. T.J. Goldie was promoted Colonel acting while-so-employed and appointed acting 14 Wing Commander in Greenwood.
- LCol. D.S. Shyiak was promoted Colonel acting while-so-employed and appointed 1 Canadian Air Division Deputy Commander Special Advisor in Winnipeg.
- LCol. M.A. Weber was promoted Colonel acting while so employed and will occupy a new position in Tampa, FL.
Additionally, the following RCN officers have retired or will retire:
- Col. J.B.A. Brule
- Col. B.D. Cameron
- Col. K.I. Cameron
- Col. J.P.E. Charron
- Col. D.A. Coker
- Col. J.P.P. Demers
- Col. M.G.M. Gignac
- Capt.(NAVY) J.F. Harwood
- Col. P.N. Kelly
- Col. B.W. MacGregor
- Col. M.M. Minor
- Col. J.J.C. Ouellette
- Col. A.M. Shortridge
- Col. J.G.J. Trudel
- Col. J.A.P. Viens