Above image: MGen. Colin Keiver, Deputy Commander of the RCAF Photo by Corporal Owen W. Budge, 8 Wing Imaging.
Additional commanding officer and senior Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) promotions were announced in February by MGen. C.R. Keiver, Deputy Commander of the RCAF.
This is the second announcement outlining RCAF appointments for the coming annual posting season. Other announcements with more promotions should be expected in the future.
“My sincere congratulations to all. These appointments reflect your significant contributions to the RCAF, and they carry with them a heightened degree of expectation of your personal and professional attributes.
“Our newly integrated proactive disclosure process confirmed you have the right character to accomplish our mission,” stated Keiver in CANFORGEN 037/23, announcing the new appointments.
The new appointments are as follows:
- LCol. Benjamin Switzer is appointed Commanding Officer of 401 Squadron
- LCol. George Roesler-Yue is appointed Commanding Officer of 410 Tac F (OT) Squadron
- Maj. (P) Tristan McKee is appointed Commanding Officer of 4 Wing OSS
- LCol. Philippe Turcotte is appointed CMDT of 2 CFFTS
- LCol. Joseph Doubrough is appointed DCMDT of 17 Wing
- LCol. Francois Fasquelle is appointed Commanding Officer of 442 (T and R) Squadron.
- LCol. Tanya Tebbutt is appointed CMDT CFLTC.
In his message, Keiver encouraged the appointees to “deeply comprehend” the new CAF Ethos.
“You are to lead by example and embody the high level of trust Canadians, our government and our Armed Forces personnel deserve,” noted Keiver.
Considering the focus of the RCAF to create an inclusive and integrated environment, RCAF leadership is counting on RCAF members in key positions to echo the message.
“I depend on you to lead our aviators with integrity, courage and conviction. As you prepare to assume your critical leadership opportunities within the RCAF, I challenge each of you to think about how you will ensure that every member under command can thrive and grow in a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment. I am confident that you are well prepared to succeed in this critical command responsibility,” added Keiver.
The Deputy Commander also wished the appointees success throughout their tour.