Day ten of Christmas Cookies is a cookie sure to have your house smelling like heaven. Cinnamon roll cookies roll all the delicious flavours of a cinnamon roll into one perfect cookie. This recipe is definitely one for the books!Print
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Day ten of Christmas Cookies is a cookie sure to have your house smelling like heaven. Cinnamon roll cookies roll all the delicious flavours of a cinnamon roll into one perfect cookie. This recipe is definitely one for the books!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes + 120 minutes (chill)
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 31 minutes
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Make the Dough
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat the butter for 1 minute on high speed until creamy.
- On medium-high speed, beat in the granulated sugar until completely creamed and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on high until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- If the dough still seems too soft, you can add 1 Tablespoon more flour until it is a better consistency for rolling.
Shape & Fill
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll each portion out in a rectangle onto a floured silicone baking mat (or floured parchment paper) to about 1/4″ thickness. Spread 1 Tablespoon of melted butter onto each rectangle.
- Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon together then sprinkle evenly over each.
- Working slowly, tightly roll up each rectangle into a 9-inch log. If the dough is cracking at all, use your fingers to smooth it out.
- Chill the logs of dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough logs from the refrigerator.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place slices onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool.
Make the Icing
- Whisk all of the icing ingredients together.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.