It’s that time of year again! Deputy Minister (DM) Jody Thomas and Acting Chief of the Defence Staff (A-CDS) General Wayne Eyre want children of Defence Team members to design this year’s holiday greeting card.
Any children of military and civilian Defence Team members from ages 4 to 12 can enter the contest.
Theme: How our Defence Team Members Make a Difference
The theme for this year is: How our Defence Team members make a difference, and kids are being asked to harness their creativity and design holiday artwork around the chosen theme.
To be eligible, they must follow the guidelines to submit to the contest. The contest closes on November 24, and once it closes, the DM and A-CDS will pick and announce a winning design.
Submission Guidelines are as follows:
- All artwork must be completed on the template found here.
- Artwork should be themed around “How our Defence Team members make a difference.” For example: our military performing search and rescue or our scientists developing new and innovative ways to keep Canada safe.
- There should be no text within the picture itself – all text is to be included in the description section of the template.
- Artwork will need to be submitted by the Defence Team member and include a description of the artwork (in the artist’s words) and include the name and age of the child.
- The artwork should be scanned at a high resolution and email here.
- By providing a submission, you are allowing for the reproduction and use of the artwork for the holiday greeting card and for use on the Defence Team intranet, The Maple Leaf, and on various social media platforms.