Buddha Bowls are one of the hottest new trend in health-is eating. These bright coloured and elegantly arranged bowls are packed with healthy delectable grains, vegetables, and proteins, making them the perfect all-around meal. The best thing about bowls is they can be custom-built so you can make them as healthy as you like!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas, drained and dried on paper towel
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup of tahini
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces. Dice the sweet potatoes and onion. Make sure that all your vegetables are relatively the same size to ensure even cooking.
2. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet, toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Place in preheated 400-degree oven.
3. Place chickpeas on baking sheet and toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Place in oven.
4. Cook the vegetables for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Stir the chickpeas every ten minutes and cook until they are golden brown.
5. While everything is cooking, place the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and blend well.
6. When everything is cooked, place the chickpeas in the bottom of the bowl, top with all the vegetables and ladle on the dressing. The lemon is sure to bring a spark to the sweet roasted vegetables. Enjoy!
*Looking to add more to your bowls? Mix it up by adding grilled chicken, garlic shrimp, tofu, or black beans!