Vegetable Buddha Bowl
Buddha Bowls are one of the hottest new trend in health-is eating. These bright coloured and elegantly arranged bowls are packed with healthy delectable grains, vegetables, and proteins, making them the perfect all-around meal. The best thing about bowls is they can be custom-built so you can make them as healthy as you like!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas, drained and dried on paper towel
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup of tahini
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces. Dice the sweet potatoes and onion. Make sure that all your vegetables are relatively the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet, toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Place in preheated 400-degree oven.
- Place chickpeas on baking sheet and toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Place in oven.
- Cook the vegetables for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Stir the chickpeas every ten minutes and cook until they are golden brown.
- While everything is cooking, place the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and blend well.
- When everything is cooked, place the chickpeas in the bottom of the bowl, top with all the vegetables and ladle on the dressing. The lemon is sure to bring a spark to the sweet roasted vegetables. Enjoy!
Looking to add more to your bowls? Mix it up by adding grilled chicken, garlic shrimp, tofu, or black beans!