Tea Biscuits Submitted by Cyndi Mills ,Petawawa, Ontario
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons. baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (180°C)
2. Mix together flour, baking powder salt.
3. Cut in shortening with two knives or a pastry blender, until mixture is the consistency of course cornmeal.
4. Make a well in the centre of the bowl with the ingredients.
5. Add milk slowly.
6. Once all the milk had been added, stir dough rather vigorously until it comes freely from the side of the bowl.
7. Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead lightly for only a few minutes.
8. Roll out or pat out the desired thickness – about 1/2 inch.
9. Cut dough with a 2-inch floured biscuit cutter.
10. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
11. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
Yields 15-18 biscuits