½ cup unsalted butter (European style cultured)
¼ cup sugar
5 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg beaten
1 ¼ cups graham wafer crumbs
½ c. finely chopped almonds
1 cup coconut
½ cup unsalted butter
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons cream
2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
2 cups icing sugar
4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (1 oz. each)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Melt butter, sugar, and cocoa on top of double boiler.
2. Add egg and stir to cook and thicken. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in crumbs, coconut, and nuts. Press firmly into an ungreased 8″ x 8″ pan.
4. Mix cream butter, cream, custard powder, and icing sugar together well. Beat until light. Spread over bottom layer.
5. Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler on medium heat.
6. Once cool, but still liquid, pour over second layer and chill in refrigerator.