Top 10 Summer 2015 Wedding Songs
Listen, do you hear the sound of wedding bells? It’s that time of year again. Wedding invitations are arriving in the mail while anxious brides and grooms are eagerly making preparations for their big day.
One of the most memorable moments of every wedding happens after the actual ceremony. The first dance. All eyes are on the happy couple as they glide or do their best to glide, across the dance floor. It’s a moment captured not only in time, but on everyone’s cell phone, just waiting to go viral on social media.
Newly minted Mr. and Mrs. don’t want to be remembered in perpetuity for choosing the cheesiest song of the summer, or a dud from a one-hit-wonder. Take our advice and choose a song that will leave your guests in tears of joy not tears of laughter. You never know, your first dance could go viral for all the right reasons.
Spotify just released its top wedding tunes list based on an analysis of 400,000 wedding playlists from all over the world. How could you possibly go wrong?
1. All of Me, John Legend. A tender yet powerful piano ballad.
2. Marry You, Bruno Mars. A song about a couple who spontaneously decides to get married in Vegas.
3. Thinking Out Loud, Ed Sheeran. A romantic walking down the aisle or first dance song.
4. A Thousand Years, Christina Perry. A dreamy song about the fear of falling in love.
5. Ho Hey, The Lumineers. A genuine, folky, straightforward love song.
6. Marry Me, Train. The title says it all. Sweet ballad that pulls the heartstrings.
7. Lucky, Jason Mraz. Distance, love, friendship. This song has it all.
8. You Are the Best Thing, Ray LaMontagne. Love will never fade away because you are the best.
9. I’m Yours, Jason Mraz. No more hesitation. This is ‘the one’ and it’s time to say it.
10. Home, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. An unconventional catchy tune that let’s the world know, “Home is wherever I’m with you.”
Get More! Receive six issues of Canadian Military Family Magazine in your mail box for only $17.95! Click here to subscribe NOW!