‘Tis the Season to be jolly, eat, drink and be merry! Our recipe collection in this issue includes some of our favourite recipes we enjoy during the holidays. We hope you enjoy them as well. Happy Holidays!
If you are searching for a new dish to serve during the holidays, these ham and cheese crepes will fit the bill. Easy to make and a crowd-pleaser.Print
Ham & Cheese Crepes
If you are searching for a new dish to serve during the holidays, these ham and cheese crepes will fit the bill. Easy to make and a crowd-pleaser.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 cups whole milk
4 tbsp melted butter
2 cups Cheddar cheese shredded (reserve ½ cup to
12 sliced of ham cooked, thinly sliced
2 tbsp green onions finely chopped
½ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp pepper
½ cup sour cream
½ tsp prepared mustard
1/3 cup bread crumbs
- In a blender, add all ingredients for crepes. Blend until really smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside for 15 mins.
- In a 9-inch non-stick pan, use 1/4 cup measuring cup, and scoop batter into a hot skillet, immediately swirl the pan to coat bottom with the batter. If you do not have a non-stick pan, melt butter until sizzling, then add batter.
- Cook for about 30 seconds on each side. As you remove crepes from the pan, stack on a plate, cover with a clean kitchen towel until all batter is used.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of shredded cheese and a slice of ham on each crepe.
- In a small bowl, combine onion, ½ tsp salt, pepper, sour cream, and mustard. Mix well.
- Spread approximately 1 tbsp of the sour cream mixture over ham.
- Roll up and arrange in 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- Combine 3 Tbsp melted butter, bread crumbs, and ½ cup cheese and sprinkle over crepes.
- Cover pan loosely with foil and bake for 15 to 20 mins, or until chess in crepes melt.
- Serve immediately.