When you make a risotto for family or guests, the room seems to come alive with excitement. Wonderful smells from the pancetta spices mixed with robust white wine will fill your home with amazing smells.
Don’t be afraid of the scary word “Risotto”, no one is going to come in your kitchen and yell at you for making it wrong. Risotto is quite simple, if, you have the time and patience to stand there and stir it every two to three minutes for 25-30 minutes.
• 1 – 1.5 Litres Chicken Stock (Vegetable Stock can be substituted)
• ½ Pound, Pancetta
• 1.5 Cups Of Arborio Rice (Risotto)
• 1 Cup White Wine
• 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
• ¾ Cup Chopped Onions
• 2 Cloves Garlic
• ¼ – ½ Cup Peas – fresh or frozen
• 2 Tbsp Butter
• ½ – ¾ Cup Pecorino Romano Cheese
1. Put stock in a pot and bring to a low simmer, (Hot stock works the best for cooking risotto)
2. Heat pan to medium/high heat and add Olive Oil,
3. Sauté Onions until translucent,
4. Add Garlic and Pancetta and cook for 2-3 minutes. (At this point, you can leave all of the pancetta in the pan or you can take out half and sprinkle it on top of the risotto afterwards.)
5. Add Arborio Rice and stir,
6. Add the wine to the pan and stir until all liquid is absorbed into the rice,
7. Add 1 Cup (at a time) of hot stock to the rice until it is soft and edible
8. Stir in the Pecorino Romano cheese,
9. Then add butter and fully incorporate.
10. Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy.