- Fall has arrived, and that means its time to harvest! Golden squash, plump pumpkins, ripe apples, and so many more succulent fresh vegetables and fruits. Need some inspiration for Thanksgiving dinner? Check out our healthy harvest recipes that are sure to be hits on the dinner table! Don't forget, the holidays are just around the corner too- so keep these recipes handy!
Apple Crisp Recipe
With all the work and focus always going to the turkey, stuffing, and potatoes…it’s no wonder we often neglect to cook dessert during the holidays.
After two to three days of prepping for a large meal for the holidays you often just purchase a pumpkin pie. This year let’s get the guests saying, “That apple crisp for dessert was amazing!”
The fun with this Apple Crisp is that you can cut the apples any way you’d like. They can be thinly sliced and layered with a topping on top, or the apples can be cut large dice. Dicing them into large chunks makes for big chunky Apple Crisp with a nice topping. You don’t even need to peel them if you don’t want to.
This Apple Crisp with Peace Naturals Coconut Sugar recipe will have you and your guests talking about what an amazing and healthy dessert it was.
Ingredients for the filling:
• 8-10 Apples
• 1/2 Cup Peace Naturals Coconut Sugar
• 1 Tbsp Peace Naturals Honey
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla
Ingredients for the topping:
• 2/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
• 2/3 Cup Instant Oatsgar
• 3/4 Cup Peace Naturals Coconut Sugar
• 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel apples.
3. Cut apples into the desired shape.
4. Mix apples with remaining ingredients.
5. Place in oven safe dishware and set aside for topping.
6. For the topping; add all ingredients together and mix well, until incorporated.
7. Top the apple mixture with the oatmeal topping, and
8. Bake in 375-degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
9. Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy