Above image: 2018 contest winner, Isabel Broadbent (age 11). Defence Team members spreading Christmas joy to children in Ukraine and delivering gifts. They are also helping decorate a Christmas tree.
Children of Defence Team members are being called upon by Deputy Defence Minister Jody Thomas and Chief of the Defence Staff General Jonathan Vance to design their 2020 holiday greeting card.
The contest is open to children of military and civilian Defence Team members ages four to 12. They are to develop some creative holiday artwork around the chosen theme: How our Defence Team members make a difference. Participants are also asked to follow the guidelines when submitting their artwork for the contest.
November 23 is the closing date for the contest, and shortly after that, the Deputy Minister and Chief of Defence Staff will pick and announce a winning design.
• All artwork must be completed on the template found here [PDF – 364KB]
• Artwork should be themed around “How our Defence Team members make a difference,” for example: our military performing search and rescue, or our scientists developing new and innovative ways to keep Canada safe.
• There should be no text within the picture itself – all text is to be included in the Description section of the template.
• Artwork will need to be submitted by the Defence Team member and include a description of the artwork (in the artist’s words) and include the child’s name and age.
• Artwork should be scanned at a high resolution and email here.
• By providing a submission, you are allowing for the reproduction and use of the artwork for the holiday greeting card and for use on the Defence Team intranet, The Maple Leaf, and on various social media platforms.