Toasted Pecan Snowballs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped and toasted pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and beat on medium-high speed until combined and creamy-looking. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Next, beat in the vanilla extract on medium-high speed until combined. Switch to low speed and slowly add the flour. Finally, beat in the pecans. At this point, you can beat in the sprinkles as well.
- Cover the cookie dough tightly and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. Pour the remaining confectioners’ sugar into a shallow bowl.
- Scoop or roll 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie. Roll into a ball and place on the baking sheets, at least 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies until golden brown on the bottom edges and just barely browned on top, about 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then very gently roll them in the confectioners’ sugar to coat completely.