Shepherd’s Pie recipe
Submitted by Mishall Rehman Ottawa, Ontario
1/2 lb. russet potatoes
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb beef
2 Tbsps. tomato sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1 chopped onion
2 carrots peeled and diced
1/2 frozen peas
1 cup cheddar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Boil the potatoes.
3. Once boiled, drain, add milk and butter and mash. Set aside.
4. Cook beef until browned, while the beef is browning break it into chunks.
5. Add chopped onion and carrots.
6. Cook until soft, then add in peas, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and chicken broth.
7. Let it simmer thoroughly until all ingredients are well blended (about 10 minutes).
8. Layer casserole dish with meat filling then top with a layer of mashed potatoes.
9. Add cheese on top.
10. Bake on 350 for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.