If you are looking for a quick and simple dish to prepare for dinner this week – look no further.
Containing only seven ingredients this dish is simple to put together, bakes in the oven and sure to be hit for your family.
If you happen to have rice leftover from your meal the night before, this recipe is a great way to use it. Serve with a salad and loaf of bread and viola – a healthy and satisfying dinner is served!Print
Cheesy Broccoli Rice & Ham Casserole
Containing only seven ingredients this dish is simple to put together, bakes in the oven and sure to be hit for your family. If you happen to have rice leftover from a meal from the night before, this is a great way to use it. Serve with a salad and loaf of bread and viola – a healthy and satisfying dinner is served!
- Cook Time: 30-45 mins
- Total Time: 29 minute
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: casseroles
- Method: bake
- 1 1/2 cup of diced cooked ham
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces, or 1 package of frozen broccoli
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cans tomato soup or mushroom
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of cooked long-grain rice
- Preheat oven at 350°
- As oven preheats cook rice as per directions
- Chop up broccoli and green onions and toss together
- Dice ham
- Whisk together tomato soup with cream or milk (you could use water as well)
- Shred cheese
- In a casserole dish, layer the cooked rice, broccoli/onion mixture, ham, and a handful of shredded cheese.
- Once all ingredients are added to your dish, pour tomato soup mixture over the top and add remaining cheese over the top
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (until heated through)
If you want to shake things up you could use mushroom soup instead of tomato.
To vegetarianize the recipe you can substitute tofu for ham.