Recipe submitted by Morgan Turenne
If you’re looking to add some crunch to your meal, look no further. This salad offers a fresh, sweet crunch with the addition of a red and Granny Smith apple. The flavours and lightness of this salad pair well with barbecued steak or chicken.
- 1 package mixed spring greens
- 2 apples slices (one red, one granny smith )
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Poppy Seed dressing (you and make your own or purchase it at the store)
Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a small bowl with a whisk or using a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add the vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, dried mustard, poppy seeds, and salt to taste.
Stir or shake to combine. Allow the flavors to blend at room temperature while preparing the salad.
Cut both apples into slices.
Add all salad ingredients to bowl.
Mix ingredients and enjoy!