If you enjoy soup and use a slow cooker, then is this soup is for you. Just add the ingredients to your slow cooker in the morning and return at the end of the day to a thick creamy soup. You will need to blend it before serving. Serve with buns and a salad.
Asparagus is widely regarded as a superfood, and as a result, it has quickly become a very popular ingredient to incorporate in healthy recipes. It is a vegetable packed with fibre, antioxidants and there are even studies suggesting it can help reduce risks of cancer and aids against cognitive decline. In this issue, we are sharing a few of our favourite asparagus based recipes to try.Print
- 2 pounds green asparagus, washed with ends trimmed
- 1 c. white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 5 c. vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ c. heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
- A dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the first four ingredients into a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the soup is finished cooking, take a hand blender and puree. Alternately, use a blender, blending a small amount at a time until smooth.
- Stir in the cream or coconut milk until combined. Add extra cream if desired once served in bowls.
Tip for Cooking with Asparagus:
Instead of cutting off the ends, they will simply snap off when you bend them. Saves time and ensures you are enjoying the vegetable to the fullest.